Re: [Duplicity-talk] A duplicity backend for Amazon S3

From: Brian Sutherland
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] A duplicity backend for Amazon S3
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 05:33:49 +0200

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 09:59:55PM -0500, Ben Escoto wrote:

> > A big problem with putting the keys in the url seems to be that the keys
> > can contain almost any character, my secret key contains a + and /. I am
> > not sure what other characters can appear or what to do about it.
>
> Hmm, perhaps you could move one or both keys to environment variables?
> That would be slightly more secure anyway.

Yep, that's much better;)

how do S3KEY and S3SECRET sound?

> BTW, let me know if you have a Savannah id and want to be added to the
> duplicity member list.  Otherwise I will check your patch in.

I have an account now, jinty.

It's probably easier if I just commit it myself rather than peppering
the mailing list with bugfix patches, though I don't think you'll hear
much from me once I've worked out the kinks.

--
Brian Sutherland

Metropolis - "it's the first movie with a robot. And she's a woman.
              And she's EVIL!!"