Re: [Duplicity-talk] A duplicity backend for Amazon S3

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] A duplicity backend for Amazon S3
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 23:01:11 -0500

> > Hmm, perhaps you could move one or both keys to environment variables?
> > That would be slightly more secure anyway.
>
> Yep, that's much better;)
>
> how do S3KEY and S3SECRET sound?

Fine with me.  If neither is in the URL I suppose the syntax would be
like file://, and would just be s3+http://bucket_name.

> I have an account now, jinty.
>
> It's probably easier if I just commit it myself rather than
> peppering the mailing list with bugfix patches, though I don't think
> you'll hear much from me once I've worked out the kinks.

Great, I added you as a member so you can fix any s3 bugs you run
across.  I don't have much ability to maintain the s3 code anyway.

Unless I subscribe...  I'm currently paying $60-70 per year for 10GB +
100GB bandwidth/month, and I get webserving and a couple other extras
included.  For my usage patterns it's probably cheaper than S3.  I
suppose the main selling points for S3 is its flexible contract and
Amazon's reputation for reliability.

--
Ben Escoto