Re: [Duplicity-talk] Error at verify

From: Tim Webster
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Error at verify
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:04:58 +0800

I recommend you increase duplicity debug level --verbosity
until it dumps the gpg command it is running. Then run that command
manually. If you need to, you can run strace on that.

I ran into this problem, when I was trying to use public/private keys
for encryption. Then I thought about it and realized that asymmetric
encryption not buying me better security in my case. So I switch
to symmetric encryption, which was much easier for me to get right.

Tim

On 9/25/06, Travis H. <address@hidden> wrote:
On 9/18/06, Lenk, Guido <address@hidden> wrote:
>   File "/usr/lib/site-python/GnuPGInterface.py", line 644, in wait
>     raise IOError, "GnuPG exited non-zero, with code %d" \
> IOError: GnuPG exited non-zero, with code 2
>

> Does anyone got a clue for me, please?

It means that /usr/bin/gpg or /usr/local/bin/gpg (or whatever)
exited with a non-zero status.  By convention, non-zero exit
codes indicate an error.  So whatever gpg command it calls
under the covers (which can be divined by strace or ktrace)
is not working.  My guess is a bad key.  However, if you cannot
decide what is causing this, it may be possible to grep the
gnupg code for "exit(2)" (without the quotes).
--
My other server is... your Linux box.
Unix "guru" for rent or hire -><- http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/