Re: [Duplicity-talk] more polished backends.py/ftpBackend (was: 0.4.3.RC

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] more polished backends.py/ftpBackend (was: 0.4.3.RC3 Ready for Test)
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:17:32 -0500

dAniel hAhler wrote:
Do you refer to the special 221/421 error handling? I think it may
make sense to leave them in and/or have special handling for some
error codes, but just removing them seemed to be the safest method for
this patch.

The 221/421 error handling did the same thing as you're doing, except that they only disconnected for those two errors. Given the number of non-RFC error codes I've encountered, I think you may have hit on the fix for a general case.

Thanks for taking the time to do the patch. As soon as we get some feedback from Nicholas, I'll put out a new RC with the patch.