Re: [Duplicity-talk] Preventing access time modification?

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Preventing access time modification?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:05:29 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 08:48:11AM -0500, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> It would not be hard to preserve the times on the mailboxes, but I
> think the solution would be to have an option to do this only on
> selected directories,

That would be an even better solution.

> thus another option would be needed.

Ack.

> How do other backup packages handle this problem?

Good question. Asked that myself, too, but found no answer so far, but
in general this problem shouldn't be that new since reading mails
directly from mbox files is not really that in anymore nowadays. ;-)

I'll ask a few Unix guys which were already system administrator when
I got my first Unix account... They should know a little bit more
about that issue. ;-)

                Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - address@hidden, address@hidden - http://noone.org/abe/