[Duplicity-talk] specifying directories to backup

From: Benjamin Montgomery
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] specifying directories to backup
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:48:31 -0500

Hi everyone, I need some help with telling duplicity what directories I
want backup up on my server.  My goal is to have a script that runs
duplicity with "/" as the input directory but only does a backup for
certain directories on my system that I specify.

I tried creating a file with the directories I want and using the
following:

duplicity --exclude "**" --include-filelist include-files / file:///tmp/

but I get this error:

Last selection expression:
    Filelist: include-files
only specifies that files be included.  Because the default is to
include all files, the expression is redundant.  Exiting because this
probably isn't what you meant.

The include file looks like:
/usr/local
/var/www

If I swap the order of the include and exclude options, duplicity runs,
but the archive it creates only has the top-level directories and none
of the files or subdirectories in the directories.

I've been looking at the manpage, but I'm stumped.  Can anyone help me
with how to tell duplicity to do the above?  Ideally, I'd like to be
able to list the include directories in a file, but any suggestions
would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben

--