[Duplicity-talk] incremental backups question

From: Timothee Besset
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] incremental backups question
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 10:27:56 -0500

Hello,

Does duplicity support rolling incremental backups? I'd like to keep
backups for the past few weeks (say a month's worth), but not go beyond
that. That's what I call "rolling incremental".

I've been using the incremental backup feature in duplicity, but I don't
think that will work? Could duplicity either rebuild a full backup at
the oldest time allowed when the starting full backup is expired, or do
incremental backups in such a way that the full backup is the latest and
the incrementals go back in time and can just be deleted?

TTimo