[Duplicity-talk] Encryption and duplicity issues

From: Chandrika Ganesh Giridhar Rajaram
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Encryption and duplicity issues
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 22:07:33 -0800

I am having issues using duplicity with the encrypt and sign keys option.  I have gpg set up and also generated a key.  I have also set the passphrase env variable.  I keep getting this error:

mysql_nightly_backup.sh: line 8: --------------[: command not found.

It works fine if I don't use encryption.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Shell script:
#!/bin/sh
export AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID=`cat /etc/s3keys/access_key`
export AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY=`cat /etc/s3keys/secret_key`
export PASSPHRASE=`cat /etc/keys/passphrase`
GPG_KEY=<my key>

echo "starting backup"

`duplicity --encrypt-key $GPG_KEY --sign-key $GPG_KEY $BACKUP_FILE s3+http://myuniquebucketname`