[Duplicity-talk] Version 0.4.8 Released

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.4.8 Released
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:57:50 -0600

Hi folks,

This will be the last release this year.  I want to take this time to
wish all of you the best for the holiday season.

With all the regression issues we've had in the last few releases, I
thought I'd make a pass at getting the unit tests working again.  They
all work now.  We're still using the old unittest scheme, so I added a
script, 'run-all-tests.sh' that will run all the tests once you have
configured 'config.py.tmpl' and copied it to 'config.py'.

I'll be adding more tests to cover the remaining protocols.  file, ftp,
ssh, and rsync are currently covered.

As always, you can download from http://www.nongnu.org/duplicity/

Coming soon -- Fix the file naming so it works on all systems.

...Thanks,
...Ken

New in v0.4.8 (2007/12/15)
--------------------------
First pass at bringing unittest cases up to date.
All unit tests are working, but more test cases need
to be added to handle the new protocols, plus there is
some print leakage even with logging turned off.

Allow pexpect to force the close of the child on sftp
calls.  We already do that with scp calls.  This cleans
up that exception.

bug #21751: rsync module urls do not work in 0.4.7
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?21751

bug #21752: Boto backend needs version 0.9d or later
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?21752

patch #6340: S3 short filename regression
https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6340

patch #6344: S3 bad bad key key handling
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6344