[Duplicity-talk] Re: Duplicity on CentOS4?

From: Eric B.
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Duplicity on CentOS4?
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:20:45 -0400

"Eric B." <address@hidden> wrote in message
news:address@hidden
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run duplicity on CentOS4.  I have all the latest updates,
> however, I am still running into error messages.  After reading through
> some of the other messages on this list, I came to the conclusion that it
> was b/c I have python-2.3 installed on my machine.
>
> I have searched for a binary Python-2.4 rpm to upgrade my system, but am
> having a lot of trouble finding something to upgrade python2.3 to 2.4.  I
> finally did find a python2.4 on
> http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.4/rpms/ , however, when I
> install it, it is being installed along-side 2.3, and not replacing 2.3.
>
> Is anyone else running Duplicity 0.4.9 on RHEL/CentOS4?  If so, have you
> installed python2.4 via rpm, or manually?

Also, I forgot to note, that the duplicity rpm installs duplicity in the
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/duplicity/ directory.  How do I configure
duplicity to now use python2.4 if it is installed in the python2.3
directory?  Is this a bad duplicity rpm?  (d/l'ed from rpm.pbone.net).  Is
there a better rpm somewhere?

Thanks,

Eric