Re: [Duplicity-talk] error: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no att

From: Stefan Hoth
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] error: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'issparse' - Help?
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:02:01 +0100

Kenneth Loafman schrieb:
It appears that one of two files has a problem, the new file above or
the duplicity signatures file.  The read errors indicate that one of
them cannot be read.  Gpg's error messages are not exactly clear.

1) If its on the same file every time, the 'new file' above, then test
that file for readability.  If you can 'cat file > /dev/null' without
any trouble, then this is not likely the problem.

This problem I couldn't verify. The "file" was an empty folder. The problem occured even when I deleted and recreated the folder.

2) The last signature file may be trashed, in which case you need to
remove the backup for that day and repeat it.

I deleted manually the last backup files but the error still occured.

The solution which solved this issue was a full backup (usually I use full-if-older-than 7 days). After that even a normal incrbackup went through without any problems.

I guess you are right when you say that there was a trashed sigfile. Obviously I deleted the wrong one.

The rest of the problem is that the error is not being handled cleanly.
 I'll write up a bug report on that and try to get it fixed.

This is a really strong reason to get parity recovery software into the
duplicity process as soon as practical.

Sounds very good. ^^

...Ken

Thanks for your help,