Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to make snapshots

From: Jacob
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to make snapshots
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:38:08 -0400

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:13:28 -0400
Yannick Gingras <address@hidden> wrote:

> The restore tests that I did with duplicity only gave me the latest
> version of the files so it's not clear if it's possible to go back in
> time.  Is it possible?

Yes it is. See the man page, specifically the "-t" or "--time" option.

duplicity keeps track of new, changed, and deleted files on each backup. (You
can see this in action if you add "-v9" option to increase verbosity to
maximum.) duplicity can tell you what your system looked like at any backup
date. This, the FTP support, and the encryption are all reasons why I
specifically chose duplicity myself.