Re: [Duplicity-talk] temporary space usage?

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] temporary space usage?
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 23:36:26 +0200

> Yeah that is what is happening, and duplicity doesn't detect when it
> starts backing up it's own temporary area. That problem has likely
> caused extra/spurious data from duplicity's temporary folder to be
> backed up .. it doesn't get into some infinite loop, but it certainly
> starts backing up it's own stuff for a few cycles. I think the problem
> is showing on a specific server now because it is at 80% full and the
> remaining temporary space is not enough to absorb the problem.
>
> Right now my script adds an explicit --exclude /tmp but that doesn't
> cover when a different temporary area is used etc., so I think this
> should really be addressed in duplicity

Ok. I'll hopefully see about reproducing this. Regardless of the lack
of detection of temp directory, you really should not see unbounded
tempfile growth. So there's at least one bug here, and another either
bug or very useful improvement...

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'