Re: [Duplicity-talk] symbolic links not working

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] symbolic links not working
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 10:37:31 -0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I don't believe duplicity will follow symbolic links by design. It wouldn't
make any sense to
actually backup the target file in the place of the symbolic link.

For example, you could be backing up /etc which includes this symlink:

# ls -al /etc/test
/etc/test -> /root/test

If you restored /etc/test using the method your after all you'd then get is an
actual file called
/etc/test and not a symlink back to /root/test.

Hope this helps,

Rich