Re: [Duplicity-talk] [ ftplicity-Bugs-2684345 ] Traceback with duplicity

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] [ ftplicity-Bugs-2684345 ] Traceback with duplicity 0.5.06-2~bpo40+1]
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:27:57 -0500

Not sure that A was the right choice, but we're past that now.  It's
easily removed if you just remove the check in ftpbackend.py, so maybe a
patch could be issued to remove the check, or maybe just issue a warning
instead.

I tend to err towards caution in handling errors.  A segfault may not be
generated if the memory modified is not executed, but could produce bad
data output instead, so unless I know the version has been fixed, and
not just compiled differently, I would not really trust it.

...Ken