Re: [Duplicity-talk] Error detection in FTP backend.

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Error detection in FTP backend.
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 10:30:34 -0500

matthias wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
>
>> Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> [...]
>> OK, not as soon as I wanted... Trouble reproducing the problem took more
>> time that the patch itself!
>>
>> Here it is.  Let me know how it works.
>
> it seems to work. Thanks a lot. I let you know if it happens again.

I have taken a hard look at getting pexpect to work well with NcFTP and
decided that it would be far easier and more reliable to go back to the
utilities instead.  The problem is that there are literally dozens of
potential errors that we would have to process and these are already
handled by the utilities.  From a strings of ncftp you can see the long
list of potential errors that could cause problems.

I'll make that change in the next release and move the fatal error about
version 3.2.0 down to a warning message.