[Duplicity-talk] Why no Statistics in --log-file output?

From: Ed Blackman
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Why no Statistics in --log-file output?
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:20:48 -0400

I've recently started using the output from --log-file rather than stdout to get finer-grained control over the logging of messages that are of interest to me without ones that are not. However, I really want the Statistics block, which isn't included in the --log-file output. I searched in the mailing list archives and couldn't find any discussion.

While I'm writing, is there any way currently, or any way contemplated, to redirect output to the log-file only? It seems weird to have to redirect stdout and stderr on the command line when I've asked for the messages to go elsewhere: "duplicity ... --log-file foo >/dev/null 2>&1"

Ed