Re: [Duplicity-talk] fix or avoid "Error accessing possibly locked file"

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] fix or avoid "Error accessing possibly locked file"
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 17:41:21 +0100

On 21/06/10 03:07, Tom Roche wrote:

I've been using duplicity pretty happily for a few months. My main
remaining problem is the errors

Error accessing possibly locked file /home/me/.emacs.d/tlrDesktop.el
Error accessing possibly locked file /home/me/.gnupg/random_seed
Error accessing possibly locked file /home/me/thunderbird/profiles.ini

which I always get on those 3 (and only those 3) files, which seem
utterly unrelated to each other or to duplicity. How to fix or avoid
these errors? FWIW

* I close all user apps before running duplicity from a single
   gnome-terminal.

* I installed duplicity from the standard ubuntu repository:

$ duplicity --version
duplicity 0.5.18

Have you tried looking for stale lock files (.flock) in the relevant directories.

Ian.