Re: [Duplicity-talk] Asynchronous upload

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Asynchronous upload
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 12:39:44 +0200

4GB in 50MB chunks is not really large scale, but --asynchronous-upload since
it's inception works fine with the ftp backend here.

..ede/duply.net

On 06.08.2010 08:01, Liraz Siri wrote:
I noticed the --asynchronous-upload is labeled EXPERIMENTAL in the
manual page for the latest version of duplicity. Is this just a generic
cautionary warning (I.e., better safe than sorry) or are there any
specific problems one should take into consideration before enabling
this option?

 From my anecdotal testing it seems to work fine but I haven't tested
this on a large scale. Perhaps someone with more experience could
testify to the reliability of this feature in practice?

Cheers,
Liraz Siri