[Duplicity-talk] Handle Internet Connection Interupts while making webda

From: Lukrativ - Armin Krämer
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Handle Internet Connection Interupts while making webdav backups
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:27:36 +0200

Hi,

i´m trying to set up a duplicity backup solution with a ssl encrypted webdav storage. My problem ist that my backups can be really hugh and my internet connection is dropped sometimes during the backup-job to the webdav storage provider.

If my internet connection get lost i get a python error where the last line says "sslerror: The write operation timed out". The backup job ist aborted. My question is how it would be possible to set up the backup script in such a way to handles such errors.

My preffered way would be that duplicity handles this and it has a timeout setting which defines maybe an timeout about 60 Seconds bevore he droppes the backup process. Ore are there any other solutions to get over lost internet connections and reconnects with changing ip addresses? May i have not seen some settings fort this situation?

Thanks alot for your hints.

Greetings Armin