Re: [Duplicity-talk] Which backups include a particular file?

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Which backups include a particular file?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 05:01:37 -0600

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 3:24 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 13.12.2010 15:10, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
Let me give an example. E.g. I do weekly fulls and daily incrementals. The
>  file needed existed during in the asterisk marked period.
>
>  full_01
>  incr_02
>  incr_03
>  incr_04*
>  incr_05*
>  incr_06*
>  incr_07
>  full_08
>  incr_09
>  incr_10
>  incr_11
>  today
>
>  Wouldn't a 'list-current-files 7D' list the file? If not, why?

Once full_08 is created duplicity should have deleted incr_02 through
incr_07.  These are no longer needed.

I just checked a current backup and status shows me the attached. I read it, that all incrementals are there, even though I understood they would be deleted with every new full.
@Ken: What did I miss?

You missed nothing.  I forgot that it was moved to the 'remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full' command a while back due to the issues we were discussing.