Re: [Duplicity-talk] Exclude directories

From: Yves Goergen
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Exclude directories
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 19:05:50 +0100

On 04.02.2011 18:43 CE(S)T, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> For now, there is no default exclude list.  You'll need to exclude
> /root/.cache, /proc, and /dev if you want to backup from '/'.

I already exclude /dev/** /tmp/** /var/run/**. I'll add that .cache
directory then.

> Note, backing up from '/' is not recommended since it backs up the
> system files that can be obtained from an install DVD.

I know that I can reinstall the system from another medium, but when I
need to recover from a backup, I want to get it done really fast.
Restoring the entire system with its latest user data is the best option
that I could find.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <address@hidden>