[Duplicity-talk] Unsupported backed scheme "sftp"

From: Ralph Seichter
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Unsupported backed scheme "sftp"
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 14:33:19 +0200

I can access a FTP server using

  lftp sftp://address@hidden:22/

and then entering a password. However, Duplicity tells me

  UnsupportedBackendScheme: scheme not supported in url:
sftp://address@hidden:22/

when I try to use the same URL. I had a look and ineed none of the
backends calls

  duplicity.backend.register_backend("sftp", ...)

Unfortunately, this server does not seem to support FTPS, and unencrypted
FTP is not an option either. Does this mean that I'm screwed, or is there
a SFTP backend available somewhere? I was lucky when it turned out that
the FTPS backend had not been bundled as intended. ;-)

-R