Re: [Duplicity-talk] Possible bug? IOError: [Errno 5]

From: Nate Eldredge
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Possible bug? IOError: [Errno 5]
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 16:52:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 8 May 2011, Mario Santagiuliana wrote:

In data 1/5/2011 21:19:56, Mario Santagiuliana ha scritto:
In data 1/5/2011 15:09:13, Mario Santagiuliana ha scritto:
I will report the bug when I found that problem, thank you very much!
:)

Bug open here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/775070

Thank you

Is there any work around?
I can't do any backup with duplicity...I have got that error every time...

Just to check, for the last file shown in your log (mario/Video/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.avi), are you able to read the file normally? E.g. does

cat mario/Video/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.avi >/dev/null

succeed?

Otherwise, it would be interesting to run duplicity under strace:

strace -f -o foo duplicity ...

and post the last part of "foo".  Probably starting from

open("mario/Video/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.avi", ...)

EIO is most often caused by hardware or kernel problems, not by user-level software, but it's not impossible...

--

Nate Eldredge
address@hidden