Re: [Duplicity-talk] Question about duplicity upgrade

From: Chris Poole
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Question about duplicity upgrade
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 08:17:29 +0000

On 25 Nov 2011, at 08:00, Doug Barton <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for the response. It sounds like what you're saying is that it
> wouldn't be safe for me to just drop 0.6.x into an existing system and
> proceed as I have been. That makes sense, just wanted to be sure.

To be honest I'm not sure; I don't think there were any huge changes in the way
duplicity constructs the encrypted difftar files, but to be safe I'd just start
fresh. You don't want to find it says it works the end up with a restore issue
at a critical time; backups should be conservative. (Generally a good idea
periodically anyway, you don't want a very long incremental chain.)

Chris