Re: [Duplicity-talk] file history feature

From: Paul Peter Adler
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] file history feature
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 11:55:50 +0100

Just subscribed, so I cannot answer to the original thread, but it has
the same subject and was sent on 2011-11-02 17:06:36.

I looked at the archives and found that an open question is there:
Is there a way to list all versions or revisions of a file that is in
a given chain of backups?

Example: I usually backup a bunch of files and file 'dir/fileA.txt'
was introduced in incremental backup on 2011-11-01.
The backup runs daily and the file is changed every every few days.
What I look for is a way to get a list like this:
dir/fileA.txt: created 2011-11-01
dir/fileA.txt: changed 2011-11-04
dir/fileA.txt: changed 2011-11-09

What I really want is the restore all the versions present in the backup chain.

Is there such a thing?

-- Paul

P.S.: I have also posted this question to Serverfault:
http://serverfault.com/questions/345056/duplicity-how-to-list-versions-of-a-file