[Duplicity-talk] Timeout question

From: Ken Bass
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Timeout question
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 14:10:08 -0500

I've been trying to use the new backend I've been working on for the past few days and have been having an issue. I had a few questions
(I'm on dupl 0.17 and python is 2.4.3 (Centos 5))

I am getting a RESTART due do an upload timeout (see later question). What I see is that duplicity appears to download the first vol1 and then deletes is. Is something done with this? It seems like a wasted download of 100MB. If it just needs the size, it was already returned in the listings.

Found primary backup chain with matching signature chain:
-------------------------
Chain start time: Thu Jan  5 21:53:16 2012
Chain end time: Thu Jan  5 21:53:16 2012
Number of contained backup sets: 1
Total number of contained volumes: 57
 Type of backup set:                            Time:      Num volumes:
                Full         Thu Jan  5 21:53:16 2012                57
No orphaned or incomplete backup sets found.
RESTART: Volumes 57 to 58 failed to upload before termination.
         Restarting backup at volume 57.
Registering (mktemp) temporary file /tmp/duplicity-eX02qk-tempdir/mktemp-WrnpF1-2 duplicity.backends.idrivebackend: GET invoked remote duplicity-full.20120106T025316Z.vol1.difftar.gpg local /tmp/duplicity-eX02qk-tempdir/mktemp-WrnpF1-2 download: remote duplicity-full.20120106T025316Z.vol1.difftar.gpg local /tmp/duplicity-eX02qk-tempdir/mktemp-WrnpF1-2