Re: [Duplicity-talk] automatically retrieve all versions of a file or di

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] automatically retrieve all versions of a file or directory
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 12:59:56 +0100

On 07.01.2012 11:00, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need a script which does just that:
> - check what backups are available
> - retrieve a given file or directory from all backups into separate
> directories
>
> as a bonus, generate a git repository with all versions
>
> I am sure I'm not the first one wanting this - so what solutions already
> exist?

the all version retrieval come up from time to time. you can script that by
having listing duplicity all backups and the call duplicity --restore-file for
each backup date. slow but possible. be aware it will give all backed up
version, even when the file wasn't changed.

some day maybe a kind soul will implement it in duplicity itself and a way to
ask different versions maybe as well.

ede/duply.net