Re: [Duplicity-talk] apparent memory leak on OS X

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] apparent memory leak on OS X
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:57:14 -0500

On 21 December 2011 19:29, Johann Heller <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm seeing the same large memory leak on Mac OS X. Details below:

OK, I think I've got a handle on this.  In our old tarfile.py, Ben
Escoto had commented out a part of the TarFile class that kept a cache
of all the TarInfo objects that went into the TarFile.  His comment
for the change was about how it took too much memory.

When I ported the new tarfile.py from Python 2.7, I missed that
change.  I'll work on a patch.

Thanks to Nate for finding the commit that caused the regression, Ken
Bass for some suggestions, and Kenneth for the pointer to the objgraph
memory debugging library.

-mt