Re: [Duplicity-talk] High memory usage with large number of files

From: Chris Adamson
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] High memory usage with large number of files
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:18:29 +1100

Oh sorry. The issue was to do with an NFS + ext4 interaction where ext4 was producing duplicated file names for directories with large numbers of files. I could reproduce the issue with ls. Although I have not tried the same directory over NFS with XFS (which didnt have the problem with ls) I will try that and report back if there is still a memory issue.

I had a look at those bugs. But I wasnt getting cannot allocate memory errors, the program was just hanging. Which was what ls was doing. So I don't think I had that bug.

Thanks for the reply Olivier and sorry again for initially not giving any detail.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Olivier Berger <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:49:49 +1100, Chris Adamson <address@hidden> wrote:
> I investigated further, it is not a duplicity issue.

Uh, not very much detailed post :-/...

Still there's currently a memory issue anyway (see current
discussions) and https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/908228 and
https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/896728 (that look the same
IMHO).

Best regards,