Re: [Duplicity-talk] [Duplicity-announce] Duplicity 0.6.20 Released

From: Jesper Lund
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] [Duplicity-announce] Duplicity 0.6.20 Released
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 22:11:11 +0100

Michael Terry wrote:

BTW, the duplicity PPA has been updated.
https://launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/+archive/ppa
<https://code.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/+archive/daily/+packages>
-mt

Thanks for creating these packages for Ubuntu users.

On my Ubuntu 10.04 box, I get the following error/warning messages after upgrading to 0.6.20

  Import of duplicity.backends.u1backend Failed: No module named httplib2
  Import of duplicity.backends.u1backend Failed: No module named oauth

Actually, only one of them is displayed in the log. I'm not sure whether this is intended as an error, warning or just information message? Everything works as before since I am not using the U1 backend, but the word "failed" might cause some confusion among users.

The error messages disappear if the packages python-httplib2 and python-oauth are installed. This is done by default on Ubuntu 12.04 but not my 10.04 box (which was upgraded from a 8.04 install). Perhaps these two packages should be added as a dependency of duplicity in the Ubuntu package?

Best regards,
Jesper Lund