[Duplicity-talk] Rsync backend, --write-batch-only

From: Yann Hamon
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Rsync backend, --write-batch-only
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 03:34:25 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to backup a folder from my computer to a remote, encrypted
folder on my server. However, the folder is fairly big (several 10GB),
and would take several days to upload - changes would also take quite a
while to upload, due to my slow DSL uplink.

I have an OpenBSD router with root access and a SSD that I planned to
use for this - it is silent and always on. I was considering doing the
following:

- Running rsync on my computer, using the --only-write-batch parameter
of rsync. This would generate some sort of "patch" file.
- Copy this file to my router (should be fairly quick, it's gbit link)
- Run rsync on my router with --read-batch, while having my main
computer turned off.

This would work great, however I'd like my backups to be encrypted, and
thought Duplicity would be a great tool for this. I've tried running
duplicity using  --rsync-options="--only-write-batch=path" without success.

Would there be a way to use Duplicity in this manner?
Thanks