[Duplicity-talk] Support for Amazon Glacier - Amazon Announcement

From: Dean Smith
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Support for Amazon Glacier - Amazon Announcement
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 21:44:23 +0000

Amazon have announced support for Glacier support via the S3 interface today.

I am planning on doing some testing on this but as it can automatically expire old objects to Glacier I don't think any changes will be necessary for backup to work.

Recovery will be possible with a manual process, returning glacier backups to S3 by hand through the console.

I suspect duplicity could be improved to automatically request this for objects not available.

Dean

--
Dean Smith