Re: [Duplicity-talk] Exclude during restore

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Exclude during restore
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 10:17:48 +0100

On 05.12.2012 22:14, Richard L. Houston wrote:
> All,
>
> Apologies if this has been asked and answered. I am testing my recovery
> process and am wondering, is --exclude not usable during restore? I have tried

correct, restore does only work on backup and verify currently. actually
duplicity should complain if you give these options for a restore. can you give
a full example commandline you used?

> --exclude=<dir name>
> --exclude=*<dir name>*
> --exclude <dir name>
> --exclude *<dir name>*
>
> but the dirs in question are still restored
>
>  I have a few dirs that are huge that I would like to exclude for parts of my
> testing. I am using version 0.6.18 on Ubuntu 12.04.
> Any help would be much appreciated.

use --restore-file option, as described in manpage
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html
that at least allows you to restore one specific folder/file.

..ede/duply.net