Re: [Duplicity-talk] Direct backup of LVM snapshot partitions?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Direct backup of LVM snapshot partitions?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 17:54:43 +0100

there are things between heaven & earth ;) that leave me astonished every time
can i ask the "question of sense"? the reason for trying it manually?

what exactly is your error when you try to restore with duplicity?
as far as i recall the manifest and the sigtars are not necessary for a proper
restore. they merily used for verifying or listing without downloading every
volume.
@mt: correct?

so do as suggested on the website. be aware: to restore incrementals you
obviously need use rdiff. but it's documented quite well, so don't be afraid.

but then again.. what went wrong in duplicity that you switched to manual
restore in the first place?

 .. ede