Re: [Duplicity-talk] BackendException: ssh connection to ... failed: EOF

From: Sven
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] BackendException: ssh connection to ... failed: EOF when reading a line
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:25:58 +0000 (UTC)

Debug verbosity shows the following if and only if the script is run by fcron:

> The authenticity of host 'u37398.your-backup.de' can't be established.
> SSH-RSA key fingerprint is ###.
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

The host is in root's .ssh/known_hosts and I can connect with sftp.

It appears Paramiko doesn't read root's .ssh/known_hosts, yet why? The only
difference I see in the environments are that as a cronjob, no terminal is
attached - no surprise.

The versions are duplicity-0.6.20 and paramiko-1.9.0.

I'm not sure what to try next. Thanks for hints!