Re: [Duplicity-talk] Restoring from Duplicity -- frustration.

From: Bill Case
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Restoring from Duplicity -- frustration.
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 22:52:52 -0400

Thank you Kenneth Loafman;

I got my files back.  Once you showed me that the Duplicity magic was
only .tar.gz I started to understand what I was doing.

On Fri, 2014-03-21 at 06:52 -0500, Kenneth Loafman wrote:

When I gunzip, the command failed to unzip a couple of files; I don't
know why.  I then gunzip ed them indvidually and after that it was
smooth sailing.

> Since this is a full backup, manual recovery is possible, but you'll
> have to be careful.  Here's how:
>
> # mkdir work save
> # cp *20140311T153635Z* save
> # mv *20140311T153635Z* work
>
> # cd work
> # gunzip *.gz
> # for f in *.difftar; do echo $f; tar tv $f; done >& filelist
>

> At this point you will need to look in filelist for the two files you
> want to recover, then use tar to extract them.  The files may be split
> across difftar files, in which case you will need to concatenate them
> manually.

Thanks

--
Regards William Case,