[Duplicity-talk] Behaviour upon 'Full' backup after incrementals

From: Brant Winter
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Behaviour upon 'Full' backup after incrementals
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 13:37:30 +1000

Can someone please help clarify this ? If I have seeded a massive (100GB) full backup over SFTP remotely and have then done daily incremental backups for a week. If I chose to do another ‘full’ backup will Duplicity have to seed the massive initial backup again, or will it roll up the original full backup and incremental on the remote side, add in the latest deltas and call it a new full backup without having to seed the whole thing across SFTP again ? I have approx 100GB to have backed up offsite and just trying to work out if Duplicity will do what I need ? Thanks in advance.