[Duplicity-talk] Killing duplicity correctly?

Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Killing duplicity correctly?
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 23:19:01 +0100

Sorry for the utterly simple question, but I legitimately cannot find an
answer, and I feel stupid for not being able to find it. Question simply
is, how do I correctly kill duplicity? Every method I have tried leaves
a .lock which I have to manually clean up. For reference, my goal is not
to 'pause' duplicity (Although, that would be a benefit), it's to
gracefully terminate it (And thus clean up all the half transferred
files on the destination/lock file locally/etc...).

I know this must be documented, but, searching for "cancel", "kill" and
"stop" on the man page, Google and many mailing lists. The only result I
could find of any value was a stackexchange post about the rsync
command. I'm legitimately sorry I have to resort to wasting your time.