[Duplicity-talk] windows shadow service (for locked files)

From: Bedros Hanounik
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] windows shadow service (for locked files)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 22:04:31 -0700

is there a possibility to support volume shadow service (vss) when backuping up locked files such as outlook.pst files?

I found one thread in the past about this topic, but I'm looking for a built in support for vss in duplicity

after some research I found a module called pyvss that supports vss and the API is very simple, you can check if a file is locked, and then make a snapshot of it.

Can one of the developer look into this, or at least point me to what python file I should start looking into; basically, where files are inspected for change, then backed up; I can add code to check if file locked, then send the path of snapshot to backup function.

Thanks,

Bedros