Re: [Duplicity-talk] librsync failure

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] librsync failure
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 07:54:33 -0500

I did not put the fix into the 0.6 trunk because I did not see them upgrading to a new version of librsync.  Most distros have a rule whereby they limit changes to minor version changes only.  Things get out of sync very quickly as development moves forward.

Since we no longer have a PPA for the 0.6 trunk and since this is ongoing, I guess a release of 0.6.26 is called for.  This weekend, maybe.

Meanwhile, I've attached a patch that will correct the problem in the meantime.

...Ken

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 5:05 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 30.04.2015 23:51, Ken Bass wrote:
> I updated my Centos 7 server yesterday which updated the system librsync and librsync-devel packages to librsync-1.0.0-1.el7.x86_64 and librsync-devel-1.0.0-1.el7.x86_64.
> I noticed since that time duplicity no longer runs.

ok, i see that Centos/EPEL upgraded librsync but not duplicity. please contact their package maintainer to upgrade to duplicity 0.7.02 .

SNIP
> If not, is the librsync fix going to be applied to the 0.6 series.

Ken, the maintainer, committed the patch probably consciously in 0.7 only. let's ask him :)..
Ken? what's your take on this (also see his original message)?

..ede/duply.net