Re: [Duplicity-talk] Support for current Google Drive API?

From: Norman Goldstein
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Support for current Google Drive API?
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 21:21:27 -0700

My duplicity logon to google-docs fails.  I am redirected to the web page

https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/AuthForInstalledApps

which explains that

Important: ClientLogin has been officially deprecated since April 20, 2012 and
is now no longer available. Requests to ClientLogin will fail with a HTTP 404 response.
We encourage you to migrate to OAuth 2.0 as soon as possible.

The OAuth 2.0 web page is

https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2

which eventually leads to

https://developers.google.com/oauthplayground/

but this is where I lose the thread.
Has anyone figured this out?

Thank you.

[Please CC me on replies.]

The current Duplicity "gdocs" backend uses the deprecated "Google
Documents List Data API"
(https://developers.google.com/google-apps/documents-list/), which says:

Warning: The deprecation period for Version 3 of the Google Documents
List API is nearly at an end. On April 20, 2015, we will discontinue
service for this API. This means that service calls to the API are no
longer supported, and features implemented using this API will not
function after April 20, 2015. You must migrate to the Drive API as
soon as possible to avoid disruptions to your application.
Any plans to migrate to the Drive API?

Also, switching to the new API would avoid the need to supply a Google
username and password; instead, Duplicity could obtain an access token
with the appropriate permission (drive.file) to access only files
created with that token.

- Josh Triplett