Re: [Duplicity-talk] Skipping missing/corrupted volumes?

From: Red Street
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Skipping missing/corrupted volumes?
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 15:19:36 -0700

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 2:07 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 06.10.2015 01:43, Red Street wrote:
>> I have a full backup set with hundreds of volumes. A small subset of
>> them are either missing or corrupted. Is there an easy way to tell
>> duplicity to simply skip these volumes (and files associated with
>> them), and restore the remaining?
>>

> try --ignore-errors . read it's description in the manpage first
>  http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html
>
> it might be possible that duplicity does not recreate the chain completely or
> at all because of the missing volumes. check the initial output with max.
> verbosity '-v9'. if so, you can try to create empty dummy files with the
> appropriate names to virtually "fill" the gaps in your chain.

I had to create an empty dummy file (vol169). I used "duplicity -v9
--ignore-error <url> <path>" Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work.
duplicity hangs and does nothing after this output:

Processed volume 168 of 291
Registering (mktemp) temporary file
/tmp/duplicity-CEShxW-tempdir/mktemp-ujn2PY-71
Invalid data - SHA1 hash mismatch for file:
 duplicity-full.20XXXXXZ.vol169.difftar.gpg
 Calculated hash: da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601838967593ab
 Manifest hash: 939f35c5b9426613f38d8472e1abbf234896abdf

Releasing lockfile <lockfile.LinkFileLock instance at 0xb6d7166c>
Removing still remembered temporary file
/tmp/duplicity-CEShxW-tempdir/mktemp-ujn2PY-71
Removing still remembered temporary file
/tmp/duplicity-CEShxW-tempdir/mkstemp-G35kU4-1
Removing still remembered temporary file
/tmp/duplicity-CEShxW-tempdir/mktemp-WkWnjy-3

On a related note: is there a way to get duplicity to start with
volume 168 in this case? Each time I try this, I get a failure, but I
have to remove my destination directory and wait for duplicity to
restore everything from the first volume until volume 168.

Thanks!