Re: [Duplicity-talk] Restore has trouble with multiple encryption keys

From: Ezra Stevens
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Restore has trouble with multiple encryption keys
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 13:52:21 -0800

Edgar,

To clarify, I am using asymmetric encryption in real life, with
passphrases on the private keys - my example used symmetric encryption
to keep things simple, and the same issue results either way. But yes,
I wrote "key" when I meant "passphrase" in my original message; sorry
for any confusion.

I was thinking that Duplicity could determine which chain to restore
by looking at the timestamps that are written into the filenames, but
if those aren't getting parsed already then I don't imagine you'd want
to add that layer of complexity. Anyway, switching up my backend
folders when I rotate keys shouldn't be too difficult. Thank you for
the swift response!

Ezra