Re: [Duplicity-talk] duply abort from pre script

From: Nate Eldredge
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duply abort from pre script
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 13:26:57 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016, Tom Ekberg via Duplicity-talk wrote:

I would like to run duply and have a 'pre' script do an exit with a non-zero
status to have a backup terminate. I have done several googles and looked at
the code. Do you happen to know if the exit status of a 'pre' script is checked
prior to running a backup?

From the code at http://duply.net/wiki/index.php/duply-code it seems
pretty clear that the backup continues regardless of the exit status. At line 1105 you can see that a nonzero exit status causes an error message, but execution continues. And at line 2229 you can see that the whole thing takes place in a subshell anyway, and the parent continues regardless of what the child does.

It would be pretty easy to patch it to change this behavior if you want.

--
Nate Eldredge
address@hidden