Re: [Duplicity-talk] large upload "ETA stalled"?

From: Cláudio Gil
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] large upload "ETA stalled"?
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 12:41:25 +0000

The boto API supports a progress callback which means you can get progress updates during the upload. Dropbox API also supports chunks/appends but I don't think other APIs do. I haven't really looked into it.

In any case, you are right, the code only introduces progress report for the upload part. It can be easily added to the get (and other backend) because it is a very rough progress report which don't requires any special support.

Cheers,
Cláudio

edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk <address@hidden> escreveu em dom, 15/01/2017 às 11:30 :
On 15.01.2017 12:15, Cláudio Gil via Duplicity-talk wrote:

> Hi,

> https://code.launchpad.net/~m4ktub/duplicity/0.7-fixes/+merge/314778 <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Em4ktub/duplicity/0.7-fixes/+merge/314778>

> If you look at the diff you can see that I've split the import into two. The rest remains the same.

> This kind of progress reporting does not require any support from the backend's API so it would work for all other backends, I suppose. I don't use progress but if others feel important I can try to add this kind of rough progress into the other backends. Maybe this would be 0.8-series material...

the progress reporting in _boto_{multi,single}.py looks a bit more complex than that.

is it possible that this fix only handles the progress for uploads but ignores downloads _get() ?

..ede/duply.net