Re: [Duplicity-talk] Syntax of duplicity verify command

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Syntax of duplicity verify command
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 12:05:26 +0100

hey Kostas (again:)),

yeah duplicity's verify is actually a bastard command that verifies the
possibility to restore _and_ allows to compare to the source folder. older
versions did the second automatically, for newer versions you have to enable
--compare-data for that.

the source folder argument is there and needed for the second part, that is why
it is still needed.

the functionality should probably be separated into a new compare command in
the future, but so far nobody did so.

..ede/duply.net