[Duplicity-talk] Saving extended attributes

From: Arjun Krishnan
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Saving extended attributes
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 16:13:28 -0700

Hi

I know duplicity doesn't explicitly support extended attributes, but are there any recommended hacks for saving them? One way is to tar each file before letting duplicity encrypt and act on it. That is, can duplicity be configured to run

  tar --xattrs cvf filename.tar filename

on each file that it backs up? I suppose I could do this manually before running duplicity. I'm saving a bunch of my stuff to a cloud drive, and wouldn't like to lose extended attributes.

Arjun