Re: [Duplicity-talk] [ftplicity:feature-requests] #45 Feature: Parseable

From: Marc Diethelm
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] [ftplicity:feature-requests] #45 Feature: Parseable output, especially dates
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 21:11:31 +0100

Hello Ede / Duplicity-talk

As you can see I just joined the mailing list. Thanks for inviting me. Hope I'm doing this right.

So thanks for posting my thoughts from the duply thread. To reiterate a bit. I was surprised by the way the supposedly machine-readable output (using --log-fd or --log-file) looks. I find it not easy to parse at all.

In the snippet posted by ede you find a possible sketch of what I believe would make parsing much more feasible.
And being able to parse the output is in fact crucial to me.

I have only marginal experience with Python unfortunately. My experience is in Node.js. But I'd like to help with this in any way I can.

Regards, Marc