Re: [Duplicity-talk] Does Duplicity Remove files?

From: Nate Eldredge
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Does Duplicity Remove files?
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 19:00:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 8 Apr 2020, Jared Larsen via Duplicity-talk wrote:

I understand that files wouldn't be removed from the full backup but would a record of that file removal be included in the differential so that when I restore everything, the deleted files would not be restored?

Yes, the incremental records that the file has been deleted, and if you restore it, the file will not be restored. You can still restore them from an older backup using --restore-time.

If you run the backup with a sufficiently high -v level, you'll see deleted files indicated with a D in the output.

--
Nate Eldredge
address@hidden